Mobily is the second largest mobile operator in Saudi Arabia. The company is growing fast in the region, with 22 million subscribers in 2013. To meet its business priorities and anticipate its future needs, Mobily clearly needs a robust and reliable IT infrastructure. Mobily’s challenge was to allow its internal business units to provision database and web servers themselves.
What did we solve ?
Main benefits for the customer
The Private Cloud enables user groups across Mobily to self-provision computing resources, giving them quicker access to resources, easier scaling up or down of resources, and improved overall utilisation of the company’s IT infrastructure.
– Service provisioning time reduced from 2 weeks to 35 minutes
– Creation of a Cloud services catalog, maintaining the quality and standard for all services
– End users can now request services through the cloud self-service portal
– Efficient utilisation and strong reporting on a Cloud Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
– High availability of staff for projects and control using enterprise change management